First Thursday of the Month at 1:30 PM CT
EPIC-N facilitates a conference call for individuals involved in an EPIC program to connect and learn from one another.
This call is open to anyone looking to start, support, and/or improve an EPIC program. The audience of the call may change slightly from month to month. The RSVP form will note which audience is of focus for each call. Organizers use Zoom conference and video call software to connect parties.
Currently, the call takes place monthly on the first Thursday of the month at 1:30 PM CT. If that time does not work for you, please RSVP and inform us of the conflict.
The monthly call rotates themes each month. Below is the calendar of upcoming calls and their respective themes:
- Apr. 2 at 1:30 PM CT – 3C’s (Connect, COVID-19, & Conference) Update
- May. 7 at 1:30 PM CT – TBA
See past call themes here:
- Oct. 3 at 1:30 PM CT – Call Theme – “Matchmaking: Big Community Ideas to Obtainable Student Projects”
- Nov. 7 at 1:30 PM CT – Call Theme – “Recruiting Faculty”
- Dec. 5 at 1:30 PM CT – “Program Managers” and “Program/Faculty Directors” meet in separate Zoom breakout rooms to connect with one another on topics more specific to their specific roles.
- Feb. 6 at 1:30 PM CT – “Messaging” – During the call attendees will share tips about how to present different aspects of EPIC programs.
- Mar. 5 at 1:30 PM CT – “EPIC Life Hacks” – Kelly Rupp, University of Wisconsin, UniverCity Year
- Mar. 19 at 1:30 PM CT – Impromptu call to discuss adaptation to COVID-19 realities. – Jaimie Masterson, Texas A&M University
More Details about the EPIC-Network Call
The EPIC-Network Call has one general agenda item: Connect. Program staff tasked with exploring or managing any complex partnership programs need opportunities to connect with colleagues with similar goals. This call is a medium for communication between EPIC conferences and workshops. Calls will be advertised as 1.5 hours long, but it is totally okay if it goes shorter or longer. Generally, participants will engage in these types of activities, but this list could expand as desired by program managers:
- Connect with other program managers
- Ask questions
- Receive feedback
- Share resources
- Grapple with complex issues and be okay without finding solutions
- Make kind suggestions to one other
EPIC-N supports the EPIC-Network Calls by:
- EPIC-N supports and facilitate call logistics
- EPIC-N supports identification of call leaders and helps ensure transition
- EPIC-N staff may request items be added to the agenda for program managers to discuss
- EPIC-N staff will assist in note taking. Notes are only to be shared with individuals who RSVP to the event to help connect, answer questions, and gather appropriate resources for those unable to attend specific calls, yet remain active in the EPIC-Network.