2024 EPIC-Network Conference | Save the Date and Call for Proposals
When: June 23-25, 2024
Where: Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Join us for this gathering of university representatives, local government officials, and organizational partners who are interested in adopting, adapting, and/or enhancing the EPIC Model for their institutions and communities. This conference and workshop will energize and inspire you to take full advantage of how the EPIC Model and resources can jumpstart and sustain your program. Conference attendees will gain new connections, resources, opportunities, trainings and more. You don’t want to miss it! Registration information is coming soon for this in-person conference at the University of Southern Illinois Edwardsville, June 23-25, 2024. Stay tuned!
Call for Proposals
The call for contributions is now open! We welcome contributions from members, partners, and friends of the network. Conference organizers seek proposals that feature existing and potential innovations for EPIC-N programs or the EPIC-N organization. The innovations of greatest interest are ones that increase the ability of EPIC-N programs and the EPIC-N organization to serve diverse students, faculty, and community partners equitably and inclusively. Both in-person and virtual session proposals are welcome.
The four suggested types of presentations are:
- Research Presentation – 60 mins – Faculty and academic staff are encouraged to present about how they have been or are thinking about leveraging EPIC-N projects for their research agendas. Panels are acceptable in this format. If you propose a panel, suggest other panelists and a moderator. Audience engagement or activities are encouraged.
- Practitioner Presentation – 60 mins – A session that has one or more presenters presenting about diving deeply into a certain subject relevant to planning, managing, implementing, or evaluating an EPIC-N program. Panels are acceptable in this format. If you propose a panel, suggest other panelists and a moderator. Audience engagement or activities are encouraged. We always encourage community partners and students to get involved in these presentations.
- Peer Coaching Salon – 30 – 60 mins – This is an interactive session that encourages peer coaching between people in the network. You will pitch a problem you’re having in your work, and participants will roll up their sleeves and help you problem-solve. This is a way to leverage the collective wisdom of the network. You should pitch an issue that you’re actively working through (NOT one that you’ve already solved).
- Flash Talk – up to 10 mins – This session highlights an interesting project or an idea that you’re working on at your institution or with a community partner.
- Other – Please propose other formats as desired. New engaging sessions are of interest to conference organizers.
We look forward to creative and innovative session ideas! Sessions may cover a variety of topic areas, such as institutionalizing the EPIC Model, increasing federal funding opportunities, finding faculty, capturing stories of impact, and more.
- Release – Tuesday, January 30
- Close – Thursday, February 29
- Presenters notified – Monday, March 18th