Call for nominations for the EPIC-N Board of Directors
Nomination deadline: Tuesday, July 7, 2021 at 11:59pm CT
The Educational Partnerships for Innovation in Communities – Network (EPIC-N) is a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit association with members all over the world. Our organization is governed by an engaged board of directors that works on behalf of the organization and represents EPIC-N members and stakeholders. The board members also ensure member programs maintain a strong voice in deciding EPIC-N priorities while recruiting international experts to strengthen the organization.
EPIC-N is currently seeking nominations for committed members to take a leadership role and serve on the Board of Directors.
Members of our Board of Directors commit to:
- Serving for a three-year term
- Meeting several times a year, both virtually and in-person
- Board members attend all board meetings for the year with exceptions allowed for pre-identified causes or emergencies. Last fiscal year, board meetings lasted on average 1.5 hours and occurred on August 18, October 20, December 15, January 8-9 (full day virtual board retreat), February 16, April 20, and June 15.
- Before and during the board meetings, directors are expected to fully participate. EPIC-N uses a consent agenda framework that requires drafting and/or review prior to, as well as during, meetings. Learn more about consent agendas here.
- Attending annual in-person conferences (when safe to do so).
- Historically board members who request financial support to attend the annual EPIC-Network Conference have received it.
- Participating in board subcommittees or working groups as available.
- Championing EPIC-N to external individuals and organizations.
- Treating all participants in the EPIC-Network programs with respect and dignity.
Both self-nominations and nominations of your colleagues are enthusiastically welcomed by the nomination deadline of Tuesday, July 7 at 11:59 PM CT.
To nominate yourself or someone else involved in an EPIC Model program, please send the following to email@example.com by the deadline above:
- Their full name, title, organization, and relationship to an EPIC Model program
- A brief list or description of why they should be a director of the EPIC-N Board
- A link to their LinkedIn profile, their bio, and/or CV
- A profile picture (optional)
- If submitting a nomination for someone else, please also include
- Your relationship with the person
- Indication of whether you communicated with the nominee about this submission
- Indication if it is okay for EPIC-N staff to contact the nominee directly
Upon receipt of a nomination, the nominee will be contacted to verify their interest in serving on the board and to answer any questions.
If you have questions about the nominating process or duties/time commitment of a board member please contact Marshall Curry, Program Manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all nominators in advance.